Terms and conditions of sale
This document contains the general terms and condition of on-line sale and payment by means of the web site corresponding to the domain name emilioceccato.com (“Site”) owned and managed by Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A., having its registered office in Venice (Italy), S. Marco 4945, VAT, tax code and number of registration with the Companies’ Register of Venice 134107.
These general terms and conditions (“General Conditions”) apply to the contractual relationships between Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A. and the client, consumer or professional (“Client”), whether not differently agreed in writing.
Execution of the agreement
- The sale agreement by and between Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A. and the Client is executed in the moment in which Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A. accepts the order and in any case upon successful execution of the respective payment. By filling in on-line the order, the Client declares to have acknowledged all information provided during the purchase procedure and to fully accept the General Conditions hereinbelow.
- Once completed the on-line purchase procedure, the Client shall print and save an electronic copy and in any case shall keep these General Conditions, if the Client is a consumer, in accordance with Sections 52 and 53 of Italian Legislative Decree 6 September 2005, no. 206 (“D.Lgs. n. 206/2005”).
- The Client can purchase on-line exclusively the products listed in the electronic catalogue published on the Site (“Products”) and available at the moment of transmission of the order, as described in the respective informative document herein available. It is understood that sizes, weight, dimension and performance listed in the information document shall be approximate and that the image of the Product attached to such information document may not entirely represent its characteristics but may be different with regard to colors, dimensions, materials and/or accessorizes indicated in the picture.
- The receipt of the order will be confirmed by Emilio Ceccato for Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A. by e-mail, to be sent to the address indicated by the Client by registering to private access area of the Site or by filling in the electronic form for transmission of the order. Such confirmation will contain the date and the hour of the order’s receipt and a “Client Order Number” to be used in any subsequent communication with Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A. The confirmation to be sent by Emilio Ceccato for Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A. will summarize the order placed by the Client together with all relevant data entered by the same Client and these General Conditions. The Client undertakes to check the correctness of data summarized in the confirmation of order and to promptly communicate any discrepancy to be rectified, according to the modalities set forth in the same confirmation of order.
- Should Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A. not be able, for whatever reason, to deal with the Client’s order, Emilio Ceccato for Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A. will inform by email the Client of such circumstance.
- The purchase price of the Products will be the one from time to time directly pointed out by Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A. to the Client by means of the Site and listed in its global amount in the on-line shopping trolley.
The payment of the price can be made by the Client according to one of the modalities indicated hereinbelow.
- The payment of the Products purchased on-line by the Clientshall be made in accordance with the method chosen by the same Client at the moment of the order. No further amount other than the global amount of the order highlighted upon completion of the purchase procedure shall be charged on the Client.
Should the object of the order, accepted by Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A., be Products to be delivered outside Italian territory, the global price of the ordered Products will be increased with delivery’s costs as well as local taxes not related to custom import, if applicable under the law in force in the Country to which the purchased Products are addressed.
- The payment of the Products purchased according to these General Conditions shall be made exclusively by Pay Pal (www.paypal.it).
8.1 Pay Pal
(a) In case of payment of the Products by Pay Pal card, the Client can pay the amount corresponding to the order directly through its verified Pay Pal account. Al Duca d’Aosta informs that payments made and originating from a verified account only will be accepted and it reserves the right to deliver the Products object of the Client’s order to the address specified in the verified Pay Pal account.
(b) The payments of Products’ orders originating from not verified Pay Pal accounts will be cancelled and, as a consequence, not executed by Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A.
Delivery’s modalities and costs – Invoicing
- The ordered Products will be sent to the address indicated by the Client upon registration at the private access area of the Site or – whether different – to the address specified in the respective order, preferably in the Italian territory. The Client acknowledges that the request of delivery of the Products outside Italian territory will probably determine the non-acceptance of the order by Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A.
The delivery status will be made available to the Client on the Site by accessing to the private area dedicated to purchases’ history.
- In relation to each order made on the Site, Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A. will issue an invoice concerning the delivered Products, to be sent in five copies both by email to the holder of the order, according to Section 14 of D.P.R. 445/2000, and with the package of the Products. In order to issue and duly draft the invoice, reference will be made to the information provided by the Client in the order form and at the moment of registration to the private access area of the Site. Once issued the invoice, it will no longer possible to modify the data already indicated in the same invoice.
- Delivery’s costs, as indicated in the Site and in the text of the order, will be charged to the Client.
- Delivery of the orders will be carried out in working days, from Monday to Friday. The orders placed on Saturdays or Sundays or during holidays or holidays eve will be processed by Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A. starting from the first working day following the day in which the order was placed.
- Delivery of the Products to the Client will be carried out by a duly appointed courier. The Client will be informed about the details of the courier according to the modalities pointed out in the Site. Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A. cannot be considered liable for any delay occurred in Products’ delivery.
- At any moment the Client can verify the progress and delivery status of its order by accessing to the private access area of the Site or by following the link to the web site of the selected courier and matching the ‘Client Order Number’ – assigned with the order confirmation – and the ‘Tracking Number’ (or other similar tool) assigned to each delivery.
- Contractual obligations of Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A. towards the Client will be considered fulfilled in the place in which the purchased Products are delivered by Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A. to the selected courier.
Delivery of the ordered Products by the courier will be carried out at street level, save whether differently communicated by the Customer Service.
- At the moment of delivery of the purchased Product by the courier, the Client shall verify:
- that the number of delivered packages coincides with the one specified in the shipping note anticipated viae-mail;
- that packing is complete, undamaged nor wet or otherwise spoilt, even with regard to locking materials (adhesive tape or metallic staples).
Any possible damage to the Product and/or to the respective packing or any discrepancy with the number of packages or the indications shall be immediately objected by the Client, by displaying a WRITTEN RESERVE OF CHECK (SPECIFYING THE REASON OF SUCH RESERVE, for example “packages with holes”, “crushed packages”, etc.) on the document attesting the delivery by the courier. Once signed the document of the courier, the Client will no longer be entitled to claim anything about the external characteristics of the delivered Products.
Any claim concerning entirety, correspondence and completeness of the received Products shall be raised within 2 months starting from the respective discovery, according to the modalities indicated in these General Conditions.
- In lack of reclaim within 5 working days of the Products stored as stock in courier’s warehouses due to reiterate impossibility of delivery to the address indicated by the Client in the order, the ordered Products will be redelivered to the warehouses of Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A.
Withdrawal right of the Client
- Pursuant to Section 64 of the D.Lgs. n. 206/2005, the Client consumer has the right to withdraw from the purchase agreement for any reason, without any need for explanation as well as without any penalty, according to the terms and modalities provided in the following articles.
- In order to exercise the withdrawal right as per article 18 above, the Client shall send to Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A. a withdrawal notice within 14 working days upon receipt of the Products in relation to which such right is claimed. Such withdrawal notice shall be sent by registered letter with acknowledgment of receipt addressed to Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A.- Customer Service – Via Volturno 7, 30173 Mestre (VE) – Fax +39 041 2620100 – E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or it shall be anticipated by e-mail or by fax within the above mentioned 14-days term and confirmed by registered letter with acknowledgment of receipt to be STRICLTY sent within the following 48 hours.
- Once received such withdrawal notice, the Client will be promptly provided with instructions concerning return’s modalities together with a personal RMA code (Return Merchandise Authorization) necessary in order to return the Product/s. The Product to be returned shall be received by Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A. within 14 days upon receipt of the above mentioned Return Merchandise Authorization. To this purpose, reference will be made to the date of delivery to the postal office or to the courier.
- The purchased Product shall be returned complete, not used, not washed nor otherwise damaged, together with all its components/parts, with its own control tag and in its original package (included packaging and original boxes as well as any other accessories such as, by way of example, dustbags, clotheshangers and protective envelopes). In order to limit any possible damage to the original package, it is recommended to insert it into another box on which a label showing the number of RMA (authorization code of return) provided by Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A. shall be affixed; in any case no tags nor adhesive tape shall be affixed directly on the original packaging of the Product.
- Delivery costs arising out of the return of the Products shall be charged by the Client; the costs of delivery to the Client as well as any other additional expenses and/or taxes pointed out upon order’s placement will not be reimbursed.
The Client will be the sole responsible of the delivery until the moment in which will be issued a receipt attesting the arrival of the Products to the warehouse of Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A..
- The withdrawal right applies only to the entire purchased Products; it is not possible to exercise the withdrawal right exclusively in relation to one or more part of a purchased Product. Should the order have as object more than one Product, it will be possible to exercise the withdrawal right in relation to one or more of such ordered Products, specifying in the withdrawal notice, as per article 19 above, the description of the Products to be returned.
Should the Products be damaged during the transport, Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A. will inform the Client about such circumstance (within 5 working days upon receipt of the Product in its warehouses), in order to allow the same Client to promptly claim against the selected courier or carrier and as a consequence to obtain the reimbursement of the value of the Products (whether covered by an insurance policy); in such a case the Product will be made available to the Client for the relevant return and at the same time the withdrawal request will be cancelled.
Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A. will not be liable in any case for damages or theft/loss of the Products.
Upon arrival to Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A.’s warehouse, the Product will be checked in order to estimate any damage or alteration not due to the relevant transport. Should the packaging and/or the original packages be damaged, Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A. will retain from the due reimbursement an amount equal to a percentage not higher than the 10% of the Product’s value, as contribution for restore’s expenses.
- Save for any possible replacing expenses due in relation to ascertained damages to the original packages, Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A. will reimburse the Client with the amount already paid for the purchase of the Product within 14 working days upon its return. In case the payment has been made by Pay Pal card, Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A. will write off the amount charged on such cards or it will reimburse the amount by bank transfer. In this latter case, the Client shall promptly provide its bank account details to which the reimbursement will be addressed (Cod. ABI – CAB – IBAN – number of bank account and details of the bank).
- The Client will forfeit the withdrawal right due to the lack of the essential condition of entirety of the Product (packaging and/or content), should Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A. ascertain:
- the use, even partial, of the Product and of the respective accessorizes;
- the lack of the external package and/or of the original internal packaging;
- the lack of integral part of the Product;
- the lack of the control tag attached to the Product;
- the damage of the Product due to reasons other than the transport.
In such cases, the Products will be stored at Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A.’s warehouses where it will be made available to the Client for the respective collection at Client’s costs and expenses.
- All Products sold through the Site are covered by manufacturer’s warranty in relation to defectiveness, having a duration of 12 months if the Client is a professional (holder of a VAT code) and a duration of 24 months if the Client is a consumer pursuant to D. Lgs. n. 206/2005.
- Manufacturer’s warranty is provided and applies according to the law.
- The warranty applies to defective Products, provided that such Products has been correctly used in compliance with its own destination of use and attached documentation. In case of defective Product, Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A. will restore, without any expense for the Client, the compliance of the Products by reparing/replacing or reducing the amount of the relevant purchase price or it will terminate the agreement. If, upon the analysis/examination carried out by Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A., it results that the defect is not a compliance one, the costs of analysis and restoring, if applicable, will be charged to the Client, as well as any transport cost born by Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A.
- Should Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A., for whatever reason, not be able to return to its Client a Product covered by the warranty (repaired or replaced), it will be entitled at its own discretion to return to the Client the amount paid taking into account the use of the Product or to replace such Product with another having equal or higher characteristics.
- The time necessary in order to repair or replace defective Products will depend exclusively on manufacturer’s policies and no damage due to delays in carrying out the repair or the replacement can be claimed towards Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A..
- Should the applicable warranty provide for the return of the Product, this latter shall be returned by the Client in its original packages, completed with all its parts (included packaging and any documentation and accessorizes). To the purpose of avoiding damages to the original package, Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A. recommends to insert such original package in an additional box.
- According to Section 13, Italian Legislative Decree no. 196/2003, as subsequently amended and integrated, Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A., in its quality as data processor, informs you that your personal data provided and collected by (i) registering to private access area of the Site, (ii) executing on line a sale and purchase agreement, (iii) accessing to and surfing on the Site through the so called system’s “logs”, will be processed for the following purposes:
- to carry out the activities necessary in order to enter into, manage and execute the sale and purchase agreement indicated under point (ii) above;
- to fulfill Client’s requests submitted from time to time by means of the Site or by e-mail or by another communication tool;
- to fulfill obligations provided by Italian or European Community laws or regulations as well as by orders of competent authorities empowered by the law or by vigilance and control bodies;
- to send newsletters and advertising material concerning goods and services provided by Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A..
In relation to the above described purposes, Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A. informs that providing personal data is mandatory in relation to the purposes listed under points 1), 2) and 3) above. As a consequence, should the Client decide not to provide its personal data, Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A. may not be able to respond to or to fulfill Client’s requests.
Considering the above, with reference to the purpose listed under point 4) above, Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A. will ask the Client, from time to time, to give its consent to the relevant processing by clicking on specific fields / buttons of the Site.
The data processing will be carried out applying procedures strictly related to the above mentioned purposes and, in any case, in such a way as to ensure security and confidentiality of the personal data. Furthermore, whether it will be necessary in order to fulfill Client’s requests, personal data can be communicated to third parties other than Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A., which will processed such data in their quality as autonomous data processors or as data controllers. In any case personal data will not be disseminated.
Personal data will be kept in the European Community territory.
Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A. informs you that, according to Section 7, Italian Legislative Decree no. 196/2003, you have specific rights in relation to the processing of your personal data.
In particular, you have the right to obtain from the data processor or the data controller, if any, confirmation as to whether or not your personal data exist and communication of such data in intelligible form. You will be also entitled to be informed about the source of the personal data, the purposes and methods of the processing; to obtain cancellation, anonymization or blocking of personal data unlawfully processed, updating, rectification or, where interested therein, integration of the data; to object, on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal data.
Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A. may, from time to time, modify or update its data protection policies mainly as a consequence of changes in law provisions. Therefore, Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A. strongly suggest you to frequently check this document.
- 33. Any claim by the Customer shall be send to:
Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A.
Via Volturno, 7 – 30173 Mestre (VE)
Tel +39 041 2620222
Fax +39 041 2620100
- This General Conditions will be governed exclusively by Italian law.
Pursuant to Sections 1341 and 1342 of the Italian Civil Code, the following provisions of this General Conditions are expressly accepted: 3 (short description of the Products listed in the catalogue); 5 (non-acceptance of the order); 8.1, lett. e (liabilities in relation to the fraudolent use of Client’s credit cards); 8.1, lett. f (liabilities in relation to the successful outcome of on-line payments); 8.2, lett. b (right to cancel the order in lack of receipt of a copy of the bank transfer within the 48-hours term); 8.3, lett. b (right to cancel the order in case of payments originating from an unverified Pay Pal account); 11 e 22 (delivery expenses and taxes to be charged to the Client); 15 (fulfilment of the obligation of Al Duca d’Aosta S.p.A. at the time of delivery of the Product to the selected courier); 16 (Client’s examination duty in relation to the delivered Products); 17 (acceptance of the Products without any reserve in lack of claim); 23 (reserve to charge the 10% of Product’s value in case of damage of the returned Product); 25 (refusal to accept the returned Product); 32 (data protection) e 34 (applicable law).